Saturday, August 6, 2022

I Just Can't Get Enough!

 

     Sadly, my morning runs have come to a screeching halt due to a freak accident! I was reluctant to run on the uneven sidewalk on the insistance of my running partner and wouldn't you know, 3 large rocks seemed to come out of nowhere and I ended up rolling my foot on one of them.  I was in excruciating pain and instantly knew I had broken my foot.  I was hoping for the best but unfortunately, my foot was getting worse, so I got an xray which confirmed I had a Jones Fracture.  The Dr. gave me a boot and told me no exercise for at least 6 weeks and that I would probably have to wear this monstrosity for 8-10 weeks.  As devastating as that news was, I was actually a little relieved that I didn't have to endure yet another brutal So Flo summer of outdoor training in the harshest of elements like extreme heat, opressive humidity and relentless sun exposure.  Gone are the days of salty sweat-saturated hair, stinky, drenched clothing, chafing and advanced photo aging.  Since thre's nothing I can essentially do but some upper body exercises and much waiting, I've decided to turn my circumstances into a positive by rejuvinating!
     As many of you know, I have been vegan for many years, which has included using only vegan cosmetics as well as skin and hair care products.  To that end, it had been quite difficult to find available and affordable products throughout the years.  I have adhered to PETA's cruelty-free company and product lists for many years, which had left me with very limited options.  I would frequent Whole Foods to find beauty products at a hefty price, no less. I am delighted to say that at this moment, I am overwhelemed by how many companies have come around, offerering reasonably-priced quality items at either local drugstores, cosmetics chains (Sephora and Ulta) as well as online websites.  Sometimes, I don't know where to start but I'm totally fine with that predicament.  As much as we might be cruel to ourselves, especially those vegan athletes who work hard and train harder, we don't need to be cruel to animals just for our benefit.
Even if cosmetic/beauty companies aren't yet 100% cruelty free, we must still embrace their efforts and encourage them to forge ahead to hopefully one day become totally vegan!! Any effort is better than no effort at all!!!  

So... while I am still recovering, I'm pampering myself with quality vegan products that I just can't seem to get enough of.  I'm never turning back. I suggest you do the same 👄💄

*Items pictured are just SOME of my MANY personal products 😍











     

No comments:

Post a Comment